Global healthcare has shifted away from its reliance on paper-based medical records toward use of electronic health records (EHR). The benefits of using EHRs to quickly retrieve patient data include:
- Accurate and up-to-date information at the point of service
- Detail record keeping like; Finger print, photo, passport scan copy and detail personal information.
- Highly coordinated and efficient care
- Secure sharing of patient data among physicians
- Fewer medical errors
- Safer prescribing practices
- Reducing healthcare fraud